Our search marketing tips help you get started with search engine optimization (SEO). Why tell you our trade secrets? Because they’re not secrets. The skill lies in executing them consistently and well.
Organic search optimization basics
Before pursuing interesting Web 2.0 options such as blogs, RSS feeds, PRWeb, and others, there’s a lot you can do to improve your search ranks using your existing site content.
Get to know your audience
- Know or learn what your Web site is doing for you today with Web statistics and current search ranks.
- Decide which of these measures matter to you, and how you’re going to measure and drive them going forward.
Optimize your existing site
- Optimize your existing content for your chosen keywords.
- Look at your HTML the way a spider does: no images, no flash, no java etc. Does the spider still know what your page is all about?
- Learn about and use strong title tags, meta tags, alt tags, etc.
- Ensure that your content makes maximum use of your keywords in titles, subtitles, links, and throughout your copy without overdoing it (a.k.a. stuffing).
- Optimize the PDF files on your Web site. Publish PDFs from text files rather than image files so the content is accessible to a search spider. Use high-value keywords in the file name, PDF title, and property tags (description, author, subject, keywords).
Get to know your keywords
- Link your own pages to one another where it is relevant so that your site looks like a network to search spiders rather than a collection of individual silos.
- Minimize the outbound links from your site.
- Maximize the inbound links to your site.
There’s at least 20 different SEO techniques to consider. But they’re not all equally important, and some are easier to control than others. We can help you prioritize them.
What clients are saying…
Where we get the best results for our efforts is SEO. You have to improve it constantly, but it is a very powerful and honest form of marketing. If you truly have a site that prospects will find useful, Google will reward you.
CEO, Klipfolio Inc.
Search Warrant took our existing content and repositioned it for SEO. We just review keywords and discuss priority, and Search Warrant takes it from there. The process works really well.
Search Warrant helps us ensure that we are using industry-leading techniques…We see Search Warrant as a partner in a very collaborative program. It’s a really valuable relationship.
Vice President, Alphabet Creative.