Top 15 tips for your PPC landing pages
Each new medium proves once more that the medium is the message. Your pay per click program is no different. Marketers that fail to heed this truism will make enormous and ill-fated contributions to the $77 billion to be spent on interactive marketing by 2016 (Forrester Research).
Search Warrant’s tricks of the trade
By combining best practices published by organizations like MarketingSherpa with our own real world experience, we’ve come up with Search Warrant’s top 15 tips for your PPC landing pages. Most of these will work for your regular landing pages too.
Top 15 conversion tips for PPC landing pages
- Define a single goal. One action is all you can expect in the short time you have available.
- Eliminate everything that doesn’t contribute to achieving your goal: visual clutter, primary navigation, additional clicks, lengthy marketing fluff, etc.
- Repeat your keyword or keywords and the incentive in your landing page title or subtitle.
- Provide multiple ways for your visitor to convert: some people click text links, some choose buttons, others prefer images. Make it easy for all of them.
- If you’re capturing form information, make your form as short as possible (do you really need their fax numbers?) and include the form on your landing page so they don’t have to click through to another page.
- Provide a “No thanks” button and text link to keep visitors who may not wish to complete a form. These visitors will often convert later on the site.
- Test your landing page at different screen resolutions and make sure that visitors have obvious opportunity to convert above the fold – don’t make them scroll.
- Make sure your incentive is actually enticing: offer visitors something of value to them in exchange for a conversion.
- Repeat your incentive on the form submission button.
- Keep the text on the page short and formatted for quick scanning rather than in-depth reading.
- Include an image of the incentive being offered to increase users’ confidence in the integrity of the offer.
- Include your company logo to increase user confidence in the integrity of the organization.
- Include a phone number for those visitors who really want to make a purchase.
- Test different versions of your landing page. Measure success with metrics rather than personal preferences.
A lot of firms write good PPC ads or get strong SEO results only to deliver visitors to pages that don’t work. Use just a few best practices on your pages, and you can double your conversion rates.
What clients are saying…
Where we get the best results for our efforts is SEO. You have to improve it constantly, but it is a very powerful and honest form of marketing. If you truly have a site that prospects will find useful, Google will reward you.
CEO, Klipfolio Inc.
Search Warrant took our existing content and repositioned it for SEO. We just review keywords and discuss priority, and Search Warrant takes it from there. The process works really well.
Search Warrant helps us ensure that we are using industry-leading techniques…We see Search Warrant as a partner in a very collaborative program. It’s a really valuable relationship.
Vice President, Alphabet Creative.