Jobs with Search Warrant
Wanted: Technical SEO Specialist
As the ideal candidate, you have:
- Experience building measurable results with organic search engine optimization
- Advanced understanding of SEO principles and how to apply them
- Solid writing and communication skills
- A desire to become the data backbone of a dangerous digital marketing agency
- An allergy to fluffy buzz words like synergy, dynamic, and engagement that don’t add up to business results
- Experience in ROI-focused digital marketing
- Willingness to work in a shared office, from home, or on the road
- Abiding fear of being hacked that motivates you to keep your digital security game tight and to sleep with one eye open
- Deep respect for the goals and budgets of clients that makes you more careful with their money than you are with your own
- No need for close supervision though you welcome input and criticism
- A drive to stay current with industry developments and participate in the SEO online community
- A vibrant sense of humour
This is a technical gig so you have technical skills like these:
- 2+ years relevant experience in SEO
- Knowledge of Conversion Rate Optimization and UX principles and methodologies…it’s not about spiders, it’s about humans!
- Proficiency in HTML/CSS/JS, with an emphasis on how they impact SEO performance
- Understanding of how to reduce crawl budget, remedy site performance issues, and implement/troubleshoot structured data using a variety of tools like Moz, Screaming Frog, etc.
- Extensive experience using keyword research tools (e.g. SEM Rush, SpyFu, Keyword Planner)
- Background designing URL structures and navigation elements
- Experience implementing and troubleshooting tags via GTM
- Ability to analyze log files
- Comfort providing detailed but easy-to-understand analysis and recommendations
- Experience optimizing robots.txt files, implementing canonical tags, pagination pages, and identifying/ fixing redirect loops
- Superior knowledge of search engine criteria/algorithms, best practices, trends and industry developments
- A recent Google certification in Google Analytics
- XLSX savvy
- Identify gaps and opportunities and make recommendations and tracking improvements to lift organic rankings and traffic for client properties (mobile and desktop)
- Manage keyword rank tracking and reporting
- WordPress, Joomla, Drupal skills are nice to have
Your responsibilities would include:
- Setting up, measuring, and reporting on organic search results over time using a variety of tools such as SEMRush, Console, and Klipfolio dashboard
- Establishing, managing and reporting on Google Analytics and Google Console profiles in a thorough and standardized manner
- Auditing existing Analytics profiles and SEO situations and reporting your findings in a clear, consistent, and business-oriented manner
- Responding to peer and client requests in a timely and professional manner
- Setting and communicating expectations for peers and clients
- Maintaining a comprehensive net security posture
When, where and how?
- This is job is based in Guelph, Ontario
- The successful applicant will work in a shared office environment. If you’re the right person but you’re not nearby, apply anyway
- This is a full-time position with benefits
If this sounds like you, please share your linked in profile or CV with us at email@example.com.
What clients are saying…
Where we get the best results for our efforts is SEO. You have to improve it constantly, but it is a very powerful and honest form of marketing. If you truly have a site that prospects will find useful, Google will reward you.
CEO, Klipfolio Inc.
Search Warrant took our existing content and repositioned it for SEO. We just review keywords and discuss priority, and Search Warrant takes it from there. The process works really well.
Search Warrant helps us ensure that we are using industry-leading techniques…We see Search Warrant as a partner in a very collaborative program. It’s a really valuable relationship.
Vice President, Alphabet Creative.