Pay per click advertising basics
One of the ways that pay per click advertising is different from SEO is the additional cost of the ads beyond paying the people that execute them for you. However, you only pay when someone clicks on your ad Ė which means that you are only paying for users who are interested in your product or service.† There arenít too many forms of advertising that can compete with that.
Ideally, this click then leads to a conversion of some sort. Tempt customers to give you their clicks by doing some or all of the following:
Planning that pays off
- Know or learn which keywords your customers actually use and identify whether or not thereís a difference between the keywords you think they use.
- Decide what a conversion is for you: is a clickthrough to your site enough? Whatís that worth? Do you want to capture a lead form? Whatís that worth?
- Decide what the goals of your PPC program are.
- Start Small: until you know which keywords actually lead to conversions, and which ones donít, be judicious with how widely you target your keywords, and how much budget you provide.
For a more comprehensive strategy, learn the four steps to successful B2B search marketing in our white paper.
Doing it well
Search marketing isnít rocket science, but it does take time. It requires constant monitoring and tweaking for maximum success. If you donít have the time to dedicate to doing search marketing well, but know you need to participate, the professionals at Search Warrant are happy to help.
Give us a call: 519-265-6406.
- Use the keyword in the title of your ad.
- If it makes sense, use the keyword in the body of your ad.
- Provide an incentive to attract clicks such as a free demo or white paper.
- Use a call to action that encourages the user to click your ad.
- Include your brand name to lend legitimacy to the ad.
- Display an appealing and meaningful URL that speaks to the userís interest.
- Deliver users to a destination that gives them exactly what you promised. Most firms lose their visitors here and thereís a lot you can do to improve your landing pages.
- Measure your results regularly. Tweak your PPC ads accordingly.
- Once youíve mastered one area, try another.